my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Erin

Today is my friend/co-worker Erin's birthday. Lucky for her, she took the day off of work and won't have to put up with those annoying customers all day. I hope that she takes it easy, eats some cake, and works out on her Elliptical for at least a half an hour. And I hope she does it in the morning, so she earns us some challenge points.

Since I didn't make it to the gym the first two days of the week, I had to make up for it this morning. I went to the 6am BodyPump class all by myself. It was my punishment for skipping last evening; I knew what I was getting into. Of all the morning classes I like Wednesday's session the best. My usual Tuesday evening instructor teaches the class and she is much better than the girl who teaches on Monday and Friday mornings. Mary didn't ask me where the hell I'd been the last two days, but she didn't need to. I was feeling guilty all by myself. I stayed after class for an hour of walking hills. While I was there, watching Good Morning America, I saw the most touching story. I want you all to watch it, it will surely put a smile on your face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, way to go on the getting to the gym that early. You really are committed to being healthier, that's awesome.

Tell Erin I hope she had a great birthday!

The clip from the show was cute, but the Whitney Houston song in the background was a little annoying - I'd suggest muting the video, you'll enjoy it more - or at least I did.

Karrie said...

I had no sound when I listened to it, so it was all good!