my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Too Hot

I made it to my third BodyPump of the week this afternoon. I have begun to enjoy Sunday afternoon class more and more. I am not as afraid of Jesse winking at me as much and it's a smaller class, which is usually nice. I went up on my squats today. So I am finally back up to the large, medium and small, that I was doing back in May before I got weaker or my back hurt or whatever else was wrong with me. I will work at this level for a few weeks, and then in August, I want to go up to two larges. I didn't increase my chest weight as I had talked about because I remembered those silly push-ups at the end and didn't want to be too tired. I think on Tuesday I will increase my bicep weight again. I had stopped doing the medium and the small when I stopped going three times a week. This track doesn't seem to be too bad for biceps; at least it has a break. This class was the first time I ever had to leave and get more water. It is just so humid and hot at the gym. Well, I guess it's pretty darn hot just about everywhere in this state!

I stayed after for just 15 minutes to finish up my seven hours for the week. Yeah! I got two more points in my CWE (total of 13). That is not nearly enough. We have to get to 30 by the end of August. I better make that a goal for this week: to get 4 morning points. I also earned $13 toward my car stereo (up to $62). But did I mention that I already bought the stereo? I am still making myself earn the money -- I am almost there! I'm thinking that it was a pretty good week. We'll see tomorrow morning. I am hoping for just a two pound loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 more weeks and you'll have all of the stereo money! You do need to step it up on the points though, 17 left is a lot. Anyway, you're doing great as always. Reading you blog makes me feel like a slacker - that's probably because I am one.