my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Good Weigh-In

I had a great week. I lost four pounds; it seems this 1200 calories has shocked my body enough to create some change. This was just what I needed. I am back down to 13.5 pounds left to lose. Finally I can see results and it's all worth it. I haven't been this low since the beginning of June. On June 12th, I was down to 11.5; then it all went to hell. If I have another good week, perhaps two pounds, I could be down in single digits just in time for my High School Reunion. Obviously I am not going to be at my goal weight in time for the Reunion, but I came to accept that several weeks ago. Even single digits, even 9, would give me enough confidence.

Brandy wants me to run a 5k with her on the morning of our Reunion. Honestly, it would be a great start to the day. And I think it would be really neat if a few of us from High School ran it together. I know that Amy had been running last spring. And my friend Katie, although I don't actually know if she will be back for the reunion, was running last fall when she came to visit. We should have planned this earlier so that people could have been training for it. But I am a procrastinator. Brandy told me about it at least a month ago, but I just dismissed it because I had vowed never to run a 5k again until I could do it faster. That's why I really wanted to see if I was even capable of running those 3.1 miles anymore. Since I could do it, I am going to call Amy and see if this is something she would want to do. Jennifer even mentioned that she might be willing to do it, if she could walk part of it. I just think: what a great start to our Reunion day. High school friends doing something that we NEVER would have done in high school, thus proving how far we have come.

I have to work this evening. We are having a magician at Bethany. Unfortunately this means that I will not be able to make it to my weekly Combat class. I don't think I can make arrangements to make it to any other Combat classes this week either. So I will have to take a week off and resume next Monday. I have a new Kickboxing DVD from the library to try. Maybe I will do that this evening after work. I don't know much about it, but at least it's a whole hour long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karrie said: I just think: what a great start to our Reunion day. High school friends doing something that we NEVER would have done in high school, thus proving how far we have come.

That's great and all - but maybe my reluctance to be excited about the 5k shows just how far I haven't come in this area since high school.....