my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day after Day after Day

I have managed to workout Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I let myself sleep in this morning, but I am going to try to workout after work. I am not sure yet if that means going to the gym or attempting to get a workout outside. I will have to weigh the humidity level vs. the rain factor vs. the dark effect. Honestly I got about a 30 minute workout at work today moving a whole bunch of shelving around; I was even sweating! But I won't count that -- that's just my job, exercise must be on top of that. Tomorrow I have the day off (this is one of those weeks where I work Saturday and never get two days off in a row). I plan on going to BodyPump in the afternoon with a half an hour of cardio on each side of it. If I follow through will all my plans, I will be able to take Saturday off. Otherwise, I will have to cram it in somewhere.

Now onto a complaint. The point of this blog was to keep me accountable. And for the most part I think it works pretty well. But, someone explain to me why nobody has asked me what happened to my five-week running plan. Remember the one I started in the middle of May, that was going to get me to run two 11-minute miles. Yeah, that died after about two weeks. Yet, nobody said: why aren't you running fat-ass? That really might of helped. As it is, I have stopped all running plans. I did run a little last night at the gym, but nothing worth writing about. The only good thing about running is the intensity. I have a hard time sweating that much unless I am doing Combat.

2 comments:

Karrie said...

No, just honest!

Anonymous said...

I knew you were stopping running when you decided it. I think we had discussions about whether or not you should keep running. I guess I forget what we talk about in person and what you blog about - especially when you talk to me about what you have blogged about. I'll try to criticize you publicly with a comment next time I see you slacking, and I'll be sure to preface it by calling you a fat-ass. There, is that what you wanted?