my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, July 7, 2008

Fresh Start

The last few weeks I have been horrible. I have been eating like crazy. And as I continue it gets worse and worse. At first I was just not counting calories and enjoying a beverage or dessert here and there. Then I started enjoying both. Then yesterday I order fried food!!! (Gasp!) I haven't done that in almost two years. It makes me a little sick to think of it. It's as if I went though all the work to quit smoking and then yesterday I lit one up. Luckily it's not like I am addicted again after one taste. And it's probably a good sign that it makes me ill thinking I would eat chicken strips (when they aren't even that great for the enormous amount of calories they contain). So today I am starting fresh.

I am back up to 16 pounds. I am not concerned about losing it in time for my reunion. I am just concerned with it going down and not up. I am going to get back to writing down (in my online food journal) everything I eat. I am going to allow myself 1600 calories a day. I will continue to workout seven hours a week. This should result in a one pound loss per week. Which means I won't be done for 16 weeks (the end of October). I think I need to go that slowly to lose these last few pounds and to allow myself to celebrate the joys of summer. Increasing my calories might boost my metabolism as well. I am going to move my weigh-in day back to Monday. It makes all my calendars line up better. Hopefully I can lose several pounds in the next week. Sometimes that happens after I have been gaining for awhile. I am aiming at a 4 pound loss this week!

Oh yeah , my back went out last night. I slept about two hours. Then I called in sick for work, because I couldn't get off the floor and I had hardly slept. Eventually this morning around 9:00 I fell asleep and my muscles relaxed. So now I am doing alright. I thought about going into work at 1:00. But then I realized that I never call in sick, and there are usually plenty of people there in the afternoon. I told them to call me if they absolutely needed me. Now, I don't know when/if I will be going to the gym this evening. Although I think working my back would be good for it, I am always scared to pull something after it goes out. Unfortunately it's a strange muscle thing when it goes out and seems to have no connection to any physical things I do before or after.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comment for this post is actually the 2nd part of my comment on your last post. I read the 2 posts and then did some work, and commented when I came back to the computer - having forgotten they were 2 posts instead of just one. Anyway, please refer to Sunday's post for today's comments.

Karrie said...

Thank you for clarafying! I wouldn't want to accuse you of missing a blog entry.