my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Not About the Bike

I was really sore yesterday from running those three miles. My whole body ached and I had to take three extra-strength Tylenol just to make it into the shower and to work. Although I was sore all day, it was better once I got to the library, where I kept moving all day and never had the opportunity to get stiff. As I mentioned I wasn't able to make it to Combat last night, which greatly disappointed me. And I was too busy after work to get a workout in (you know, errands, getting groceries, watching the last two episodes of The Office).

Tonight I was planning on going to BodyPump -- like I always do. But somehow Jennifer was able to talk me out of it. Nobody else was going to be there. And I was starving by 4:00. I had already eaten all my snacks at work, and just couldn't wait to get home and eat something. I also had plans with Jennifer to buy a new bike. I am pretty tired of the bike I have. It's about 15 years old; it doesn't have gear numbers, so I don't know what gear I am in; the handlebars are too low, or the seat is too high, and I am hunched over the entire ride. Anyway, it was time for a new one. It didn't cost too much, and if it gets me to ride more, well great! Once we got home I rode around the neighborhood for about 20 minutes. I guess that's better than nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, you could have gone to pump alone, I just wasn't going to go. Anyway, we'll need to get some use out of those bikes this year, especially once it cools off a little - apparently August is supposed to be a scorcher. Nice picture of the bike!

Karrie said...

You are a fast commentor! Now, what am I going to do all day at work tomorrow, no need to check and see if you commented!

If you were willing to wake up before 9am, we could do stuff in the morning and it would be cooler!