my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, July 13, 2008

If you Believe in Music

Today I made it to my third BodyPump this week. I haven't done that in a while. (I know you missed the graphic!) Yesterday was the launch, and therefore all new music. And I have to say that it was excellent. Almost all the songs were things you could sing along to. And when you're thinking about the songs you don't spend so much time noticing the burning in your muscles. I had been thinking about adding weights to my lunges, because I haven't been struggling with them as much lately (and I would do anything to get better calves) but the new tracks make us use the bench, so I did that instead. That is definitely more difficult. But I enjoyed it. There was a whole bunch of oblique work in the abs track, which although wasn't difficult, left me with major mat-burn on my left elbow. I don't know how to fix that next time... a towel? I feel really good though. I love going to Pump three times a week. I haven't been able to keep my weights as high when I only go twice a week, and everything seems so much harder. I don't know what to do about my schedule. I have to find a way to go back to working Wednesday nights.

I have had an alright week. I averaged less than 1600 calories per day. I worked out for seven hours. I earned two more points in my CWE (total of 11). I got another $10 for my car stereo ($49). But my weight hasn't changed all week. Until yesterday, I thought that my scale was stuck, but luckily this morning it moved... UP. So we'll see what tomorrow morning brings. Maybe 1600 is too many. It hardly feels like I am limiting myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were having fun and didn't notice the burn, maybe that's why you were sore. Or I guess it could be your theory about the instructor... but I prefer to think it is due to your own efforts, not a certain instructor who I'll leave unnamed.