my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Long Weekend

I took yesterday off so that I had a three day weekend. I didn't get a lot of stuff done, but Jennifer and I did spend like 3 hours at Walmart. That was enjoyable and we got lots of good stuff. I love having a three day weekend, because I can devote a large amount of time to working out, without having to schedule it around all my other responsibilities (i.e. work). Yesterday I slept in until 10:00 and then went to the gym in the morning. I ran/walked for 30 minutes. I ran one minute (at 5.5 mph) and then walked for two minutes (at 3.6). That was a challenging workout and I made it well over two miles in the short amount of time. This left me pretty tired so I allowed myself to bike for 15 minutes. After that, I had no energy to stay any longer.

This morning I went to BodyPump. I continued using the Large plate for the Chest track. Wow, it was much harder this time. I don't know if it was because the song was more difficult, or if my muscles were still fatigued from Tuesday's session. Does anyone remember when we used to go to Pump and not come out sweating? I used to be able to go to class and then go out in public afterward. Now I can't get out of the class without dripping in sweat. I don't know how I could be working so much harder, so I have to believe it has do with the humidity in the air. But maybe it is the increases in weight that make me sweat so much more than I used to. There was a point where Ryan winked at me today. Jennifer says he winked at someone else too, but I think she might be mistaken!! And this wasn't the creepy winking thing that Jesse does, this was sweet! I stayed after class for another 45 minutes of cardio. I walked steep hills for the entire time, and my calf never hurt once. That pain I had on Wednesday was gone by Thursday and hasn't resurfaced.

I have eaten alright this week. As of this morning I had already lost 4 pounds since Monday. I really want to keep that up for my weigh-in on Monday morning. So even though I am going to a Barbecue this evening, I am really going to try to eat well. I know that Ryan is grilling chicken, so that will be a healthier option than cheeseburgers. I am bringing watermelon, so I know that there will be something great for me to eat. But I also know that people are bringing cookies and other desserts. So I am planning to enjoy without going overboard. And I am going to get more than seven hours of working out done this week. We'll see what I actually do tomorrow, but I should be able to get eight hours in! That will make up for those cookies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should take every Friday off - Forget my whole subbing plan, our day off was much more fun than that will ever be - even though I had to go to the gym. Actually I didn't mind it too much. Too bad I didn't make $125 that day