my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pain in the Neck

I have had cake two days in a row. I went from never eating it and passing it by every time to eating it twice in a row. I haven't been watching what I am eating at all for the last few weeks. For the most part my weight has stayed pretty much the same, but I know it won't keep that up. All those chips and Margaritas and servings of cake will catch up with me. I am going to need to get back on track.

I have been working out really well this week. I did a Pump/Combat combo on the 4th of July. It was very tough. Even Pump was hard; it was so humid in the classroom that everything seemed more difficult. I was so proud of Jennifer for taking it with me. She even stayed when we found out that Jesse was going to teach Combat. Hopefully I burned enough calories in the class to make up for the drinks I had to celebrate Independence day. However, something I did yesterday made my neck really stiff and painful. I am not sure if it was all the exercise or something regarding swimming and attempting to jump onto floaties. Either way, I hope that I am back in top shape tomorrow. I am hoping to get up early and go for a bike ride. Then I am still contemplating taking another Pump class tomorrow afternoon. It is the only way I will get three sessions in this week and seven hours of workouts. But, I have some family obligations and other fun things planned. So I will have to see if it all works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to eat cake. I think a break will be good for you - renew your focus and determination. You've come so far already, I'm sure this small break won't set you back far - you won't let it. You forgot to mention that my least favorite person led Pump too on Friday. Although she doesn't bother me as much as an instructor as she does as a person - basically I hate what she is, not how she teaches. Anyway, we survived.