my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, July 19, 2008

More Pumping

I made it to my second BodyPump of the week this morning. Saturday morning class used to be really full, where if you didn't show up at least 5 minutes early, it was impossible to get a spot. I haven't been to Saturday morning class for a few weeks. But today, it was lovely, only seven of us were there. Again we did the new songs; there's still a week left of that. There are somethings that I just can't do all the way through: the oblique hover, the arnold presses with the medium plates, all the pushups in the chest track. However, there are several things that I can do all the way through which make me very excited: the lunges on the bench and the tricep dips! I am going to go to class again tomorrow afternoon. I am planning on increasing my squat weight (back to where it was when I was going three times a week) and my chest weight. I have never thought avout going to a large on my chest, but this track doesn't seem as difficult (well, until the pushups that is!)

I stayed after Pump to do 30 minutes of cardio. I was hoping to do some running/walking intervals. But I was so sweaty from class, that I decided to just walk hills instead. I love working out for 30 minutes. The time just flies by. When you are used to doing an hour of cardio, half of that feels like nothing. Jennifer went to Pump with me, but then spent those 30 minutes going over to talk to her dad at Kia. I could have gone with her, but think of all the extra calories I burned just by staying at te gym a little longer. Looks like I can have a bigger Margarita tonight at dinner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to point out my slacker-ness. You neglected to mention that I had to talk to my dad because my car has been freaking out and I needed to know if it was a big deal or not. Although I wansn't that excited about the prospect of working out 30 min after pump anyway, so I guess the ridicule is due.