my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, August 1, 2008

So Manny Memories

It's a very sad day for me. All the excitement I had stored up from doing at-home Combat last night faded when I got to work and checked in the paper. Manny Ramirez has been traded to the Dodgers. He will no longer be a RedSock, he will no longer play at Fenway park, he will no longer complete the gruesome-twosome. Manny Ramirez symbolized everything baseball is to me. Manny had his faults, but who doesn't. As much as I love Fattie Ortiz, Manny's attitude is everything I hope to be one day. My heart is broken. I don't think the RedSox will ever be the same.

Speaking of baseball, I went to a Saltdogs game with my dad tonight. It was my father's day gift to him. He had never been to a game; he rarely comes to Lincoln. I was worried that eating stadium food would ruin my already shameful week. Turns out, a hot dog and popcorn isn't too bad for me. Mixed with a healthy Subway lunch, I stayed right at my 1200 calories for the day. I even skipped the cookie Jennifer tried to seduce me with! Lately my morning weigh-in has been looking good and therefore motivating. I won't say what it is, because it always goes up on the weekend, but I'm gonna try real hard to keep it there.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Way to enjoy stadium food without going overboard. That's when you know it's a lifestyle change and not some "fad" diet you're waiting to be done with!

I was trying to tell my mom about how you called David Ortiz "Fattie" and she didn't get it. I love it though.

Anonymous said...

I like how it's Red Sock, when you're just talking about one player, and it becomes Red Sox when it's the whole team. HA!