my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Naps are my Friend

I was up until about 1:30 last night watching the Olympics. So it was extra difficult to get up this morning at 8 when my alarm went off. And my ankles/shins have been pretty sore from my hill running on Thursday morning. I don't know it is the act of running down the hill, or if it was the pounding on the pavement, or the fact that I was going so much faster than I was used to. I wish something worthwhile hurt like my quads or my calves. Nope, I am going to have strong ankles! Or shin-splints. Whatever. But I dragged myself to BodyPump this morning regardless of my exhaustion/soreness. Some dumb people had our usual spots. So Jennifer and I set up on the left side of the room. We thought Ryan would mention this, because we are always on the right (even in Combat). Apparently he doesn't care about us at all. I don't think he even said hi this morning. Maybe he's having marital problems!

I had planned on staying for some cardio, or possibly going back this afternoon for some. But it's almost two o'clock and I am getting ready for a nap. I am sitting on my bed, with my window open and it is beautiful. The breeze is blowing in and it's shady. If this is what all of August is gonna be, sign me up! I also have to get some housekeeping things done. So it doesn't look like the gym is in my future today. It doesn't seem to matter. My scale as remained at the same number for six days. It doesn't care if I workout hardcore. It doesn't even care if I eat three cookies (which I did last night). I care though. Move dammit, move!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only you would assume because Ryan didn't talk to us, he must have marital problems. Looks like wishful thinking.....