my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, August 18, 2008

Repetitious Repetitious...

said the New York Times. I sound like a broken record. Some weeks are good, other's aren't and now my weight is back up to 17 pounds. I am obviously doing something wrong. This week it was a) eating out too much, b) only working out 4 hours and c) not writing down everything I am eating and therefore eating like crap and doing so mindlessly! So all that is going to stop. Do you realize that I have weighed this same amount since the beginning of May. I was right when I said it was too hard to lose weight during the summer. But let's face facts: Summer is over. I'm only down a half-a-pound in my challenge with my mother. She is down 2 pounds. I am losing! I must work harder. I am going to go back to writing in a food journal (my online subscription has expired, so I will go back to the paper method).

These are my goals for this week:
1. Get 8 hours of sleep each night (turn off the Olympics).
2. Drink 8 glasses of water each day.
3. Only eat out 4 times (hey, I am trying to use the dining card).
4. Begin my 8 week running plan, which I will discuss in more detail later.
5. Write down everything I eat, and remain under 1300 calories per day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dining card will expire in 2 weeks and I'm looking forward to cooking - can you believe it?? I haven't cooked hardly anything in so long and I'm so sick of eating out. So, let's do some healthy eating/cooking together starting on Sept 1!

Jen said...

Sorry about last night. Things have been a little stressful here. We didn't even finish grocery shopping because Target closed and we had to stop and check out what we had. I haven't been to any classes for over a week here, so I don't know if the same is occurring in Omaha. I'll find out tonight. Hopefully not and then it will be another reason why everyone should move to Omaha! All I know is, I have to train for a 10k and can still barely run a 5k.

Karrie said...

It's not happening in Omaha -- no worries. I called there last night to find out. I am willing to drive up there every saturday morning for my weekly fix!

Jen said...

Thanks for checking for me. All I've had time for is to read your blog and comment on it. I wanted to go to the gym tonight but I came home and took a nap because I really needed it... then I worked all night.