my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, August 4, 2008

Not Quite There

My weigh-in this morning was slightly disappointing. I was at 12.5, which is a pound down from last week. That isn't too shabby, just not the two pounds I was hoping for. I know any loss is a reason to celebrate. On Friday I was down to 11 pounds, which is the lowest I have EVER been, so I was really hoping to break some new records. I also felt like I really deprived myself yesterday and worked out hard. I am blaming the Coldstone Ice cream; it's probably added on a pound itself. Alas, I will be happy with my pound loss and hope that next week I will be down to 10. This is doubtful because my weekend will be full of eating and entertaining. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be at 9 pounds on Thursday morning, just in time to see my high school friends again. Not that they'll be able to tell the difference between two or three pounds. It's more of a confidence booster.

I'm excited to get back to my real Combat class this evening. It will be nice to do a different routine. I could see myself getting pretty bored of the same #36 songs if I did them at home too often. It will be good to mix the at home version with the actual class every week. Then I am getting my car's air conditioning fixed, so that I can actually use my car without melting!

3 comments:

Jen said...

When do you guys go to the baseball game? Is that this week or next? You haven't mentioned it in your blog so I can't remember. You're still going right? What time Sunday for the cookout? I seem to have a lot of questions....

Karrie said...

We're going to the game this Wednesday. Without Manny what's it really matter?

The BBQ will start at 6pm on Sunday. If you're interested we might go wine tasting that afternoon (somewhere between 1-5). I sent Amy a list of stuff we want to do with her, but she hasn't replied.

Jen said...

Count me in on the wine tasting. I could make it closer to 2:00 (that was I can get to the gym in the morning and get other various stuff done). Let me know what you decide!