my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Couldn't Run Today

I got off of work at 11 this morning. We are driving down to Kansas City this afternoon to watch the Royals take on the RedSox. But I had an extra hour so I hit the gym. I had devised a new plan to run/walk 3.1 miles, faster than I had done it on Sunday. I ran the first 1.5 miles, walked .25 and then started to run the next .5 but I just couldn't do it. I know that running is 75% mental, but my mentality just fell through. I hadn't eaten much today. I have been tired and not sleeping well the last few nights (lots of shake-ups at work to worry about). And I have worked out a lot the last few days. I haven't taken a day off since last Friday. So I let myself walk uphill for the rest of the 30 minutes and then I left.

Yesterday I made it to BodyPump and got an hour of cardio in before that. Boy let me tell you, it makes it a lot harder to do Pump after I have done an entire hour of cardio. And of course I did Comabt on Monday, which is always tough. So I think my Body was just saying it needed a break. Hopefully this is good enough!

No comments: