my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Must Go More

I went to BodyPump tonight. I haven't been since last Tuesday and boy could I tell. I can't remember the last time I only made it to one class during the week. I had scheduled it several times this weekend, but something always came up. I went easier on some weights and it was still difficult. Lunges were downright impossible; I am still slightly sore from running this weekend. Chest was difficult and even the lower weights on biceps were hard to get through. It frustrates me that I can lose that much power in just one week, but it also shows me how great it is for my body to go two or even three times a week. I can't wait until September comes and my work schedule gets better. Then I will be able to hit three Pumps and week and hopefully two Combats.

I am not going to post my weigh in for this week. All was good on Saturday. I did not go to my high school reunion at the 9 pounds-to-go weight I had really hoped for. But I went at 10! Then Sunday it jumped. And I didn't even eat that poorly this weekend. Since then it has been pretty high. So hopefully if I just skip this week and weigh in next Monday morning everything will be back to normal.

No comments: