my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who Will You Root For?

I suppose I have to go for the Tampa Bay Rays. Partly because they are an American league team; partly because they beat the Redsox; but mostly because they are young and have never won and probably don't get paid much. And there's nothing I love more than a team that plays for the love of the game. Although if things go as they have been for me, whoever I choose to root for is going to lose.

Speaking of the love of the game, I went to kickboxing and body power again tonight. I had set a goal to move my weights up tonight. I thought that I should be able to use the same weights I had been using in August. I wasn't too sore on Tuesday, so I figure it's time to increase. The problem was, I was exhausted after kickboxing, so the idea of increasing my squat weight almost made me cry. I wanted to go home, but I made myself stay. At least I was there. So I increased my chest and shoulder and tricep weight, and will leave the squats for next time. Body Power is definitely different when done dripping in sweat. And I wonder: will I ever do it dry again?

You know what's better than having two hours done on Monday? Having five hours of workout time over with by Wednesday night. This is a great plan! I will take Thursdays off (the whole ten hour work day thing) and get back to the gym on Friday and Sunday. YAY, this might be the first week I get seven hours done, in months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't decided - I usually choose to go against whichever team you pick, unless I cared about the teams from the start. So I guess that means I'm a Phillies fan, which is weird. Your Rays are playing for the love of the game AND the hope that someday soon they will make as much money as a Red Sock or Yankee.

Good work at Body Pump, maybe next week I can stay for both classes instead of leaving after one. Then I can see how weak I am compared to you who has been going more regularly.