my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy Weekend

Well my weekend was full of visiting relatives and family time and working all day both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately it was not full of working out and eating healthy. Yesterday afternoon I decided that I was done with this losing weight crap. First, I have been trying to lose 17 pounds forever, so obviously those 17 pounds must be pretty fond of me. Second, I can not afford new clothes right now, so what would I do if I lost 17 pounds and had to buy more pants. Third, I am just so tired of resrticting myself and there was this bag of Doritos that were staring at me, that I just had to have. Rarely do I have cravings like this. Sometimes I crave Chinese food or chocolate but it's more like an idea that passes. Never do I find my body requiring the intake of Doritos, RIGHT THIS MINUTE. So I gave in. I promised myself I would run it off later. But later, I found my body requiring my couch and the world series. So I gave in. And guess what... I was two pounds lighter this morning. Sometimes I just need to relax. Maybe I can eat Doritos sometimes, and just sit around once in a while and still be okay.

I have today off of work, since I worked all weekend. Yay, a four day week! I am torn about having Monday's off. I really like to work out hard on my days off, but today I have to wait around for my kickboxing/pump classes this evening. I would have taken those anyway, so I'm not doing any special working out today. However, Monday is the worst day at work. It seems to be the busiest and the most people call in sick, so it's just as well that I am not there. I spent my day going through my drawers and closets. I am trying to fill two boxes to give to goodwill. I've got one full so far. It has been a fun afternoon trying on pants and realizing how far I have come. I've also realized that I have more pants than shirts. This is an interesting problem. I am not quite sure what I am going to wear all winter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe doritos contain that one part missing from your diet lately. Not that a dorito diet should be recommended, but maybe it all has to do with variety. Maybe those bad calories made your body jump into high gear or something.... What do I know?

Sounds like we need to do some serious clearance shopping - famous footwear and JC Penney anyone? I got some email from Gordman's too - I didn't read it, but maybe they are having a good sale. We should put a limit on the amount we can spend on each item or something - like the time I was invited to the mall for a birthday party and we were each given $5 to spend and then there were prizes for the ways people spent their money - like who got the biggest item and stuff.

Jen said...

I have had the same feelings about Doritos before. I think it's because we deprive ourselves from something we like and eventually our bodies are like "What the Hell! I want some Doritos!" So we give in and eat all Doritos in sight. But I would eat all Doritos in sight anyway, so it's best that I deprive myself.

Anonymous said...

Exactly, if I let myself buy doritos the bag would be gone in two days. So I just don't buy them. I have no self control. But at least I fully comprehend my lack of will power.