my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Knock Out

From here on out, I will be getting off at 5:00 on Mondays and Wednesdays so I can attend the Kickboxing/BodyPower combo (from here on out known as the Knock Out). It is super difficult. Marika teaches the kickboxing class on Wednesdays and for some reason I expected it to be a little easier than Katie's class (Marika never taught Combat at Gold's) and a little more Combat like (with the deep-breathing-cool-down periods). But it wasn't. It was harder. Now the reasons it was harder could be threefold: 1) I forgot to bring a water bottle. It's hard enough to breathe in kickboxing, try not drinking. 2) I wasn't sure I was actually taking both classes, so I only packed pants to wear; I have explained the problem with pants in previous posts. 3) I was so so so sore from BodyPower on Monday. I could barely get out of my chair at work. I had told myself (and by that I mean: Erin had told me) that working out would make it feel better, but I was just worn out all around. But even though I was so exhausted after kickboxing, I made myself stay for BodyPower. It really helps that I have to pay $4 to get in. It makes you think about getting every penny worth of your workout. I just wish they had weights before cardio. Then after all that work, I went home and ate Cocoa Krispies; two bowls. What a way to celebrate!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry my advice didn't pan out. But now you'll have a whole four days off from the classes to recooperate. By next week you'll be in great shape again!

Anonymous said...

I'll get to try that out on Monday, but I'll buy a punch card and we'll see if we can both get in for free - cross your fingers.

Anonymous said...

YAY to free classes! Remember them? Those were the days! I'm just happy to have them. And now I know that I would pay quite a bit of money to keep them around!