my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Is Work Making Me Fat?

Work has been stressful this week. There seems to be nobody working but me. My boss calls in sick all the time and I have worked alone a lot. After three hours alone this morning, I was in a bad mood when Marcy came in. I had a quick lunch with Jennifer in which I got a salad at Burger King and was too exhausted to complain when they gave me breaded chicken instead of grilled (180 extra calories). Still, I was calmed down and ready to work hard this afternoon. About 3:00 Marcy went on her break and came back with a Hershey chocolate bar for me. How sweet! And full of calories. But I enjoyed it. Now I have eaten way too many calories for the day. But I have tomorrow off of work. So I probably won't have to quit!

Stress = Fat
+ Candy Bars = Fat
Work = Fat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one thing I can't blame. My job can't make me fat, except maybe this month, because we can't have food anywhere near the lab. All of the people I work with have birthdays in October except 2, so this month there are a lot of dessert events - but even that is just a time we all get together and have one piece of dessert. And nobody ever brings in candy or food other times. The only thing I could possibly blame on work is the fact that I enjoy getting out of here for lunch so much that I end up eating out sometimes even though I brought healthier food to eat.