my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, October 6, 2008

Unstable

Let me give you a run down of my weight during the last 48 hours. First, I gained a couple of pounds during my time at my mother's house. I blame the pizza, cookies and Macaroni and Cheese she left for me to eat. So...
Saturday morning weigh-in: 14 pounds
I spend Saturday looking for wedding dresses with Jen. We ate lunch at a little restaurant, where I try to be healthy and eat a Black Bean Burger. No Cheese! I do have cheese soup as my side dish, but that can't be worse than french fries right? Saturday evening we go to Ryan's friend's house to watch the game. After eating cereal for dinner, I snack on a little chips and dip and a few little smokies. I enjoy one alcoholic beverage, just to coat my sore throat. On top of all this I drink about 700 oz. of water all day.
Sunday morning weigh-in: 18 pounds
What? I gained four pounds in one day. Jennifer reminds me that I had so much water in my system that I was "sloshing" on Saturday. I assume this would pass through me, but possibly not. Water mixing with the few chips I ate Saturday evening might pack on pounds. I eat a grilled chicken sandwich and salad from Wendy's for lunch.
Sunday afternoon weigh-in: 20 pounds
I am so frustrated that I go to a Wedding Reception Open House with Jennifer to check out what they offer. I drink two cups of apple cider (its yummy and coats my throat). I sample the free diet Pepsi (that passes inspection). I try out the free food (meatballs, little smokies) and cake (three bites) and mints. I also sample the large chocolate fountain and a few things that go along with it (marshmallows, strawberries, rice krispie bars). I am fed up with this silly number on the scale. I go try on new jeans at the mall. I can fit into a size smaller. I am super-excited. I don't buy them though, I can't afford it.
Sunday night weigh-in: 17 pounds
Cake, chocolate, mints, cider and meatballs are good for weight loss!
Monday morning weigh-in: 17 pounds
My scale always goes down over night. But not today. Today it sticks. It mocks me. It reminds me that it is in control, not me. Well, it can't wear smaller jeans!
Monday afternoon weigh-in: 14 pounds
I came home from work sick. I ate breakfast at 9 and then had lunch (pizza) at 11:30. Again, that has encouraged weight loss. But here I am back where I started. And very confused.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It seems that maybe if you weighed yourself less often you might be less confused. Also, take a note from the jeans, what matters is how the clothes are fitting, a size smaller is a big thing! Don't forget that! Also remember there are too many things that come into play with weight. I've learned it's not worth the energy to obsess over it because you may never understand (at least I won't!!).

Anonymous said...

If only you had skipped the scale time between Saturday and Monday, you wouldn't even know how crazy your weight fluctuates. Maybe that's why I don't think mine does - maybe I just don't keep close enough tabs on it to notice. Anyway, keep it up!