my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back Home

We made it home. We started driving this morning at 8:00am (that's 7:00am here) and just pulled into my driveway at about midnight. It is good to be back in my bed, with my own shower and my own belongings. Not that Amy's house and couch weren't great places to spend the week. It's just nice to be home. I can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow -- kickboxing and bodypower. I don't have to work tomorrow (we weren't sure we'd make it back in one day) so I have some time to unpack and get back on schedule. I need to spend some time finding a new race to work on, and making some new running goals. That last one was so disappointing that I need to prove some stuff to myself real soon.

Here are some pictures from our 5k day. It sucks to not have an "audience" on race day, so nobody took my picture while running or crossing the finish line.

After the Race

Yummy Atlanta Treats
(The reason we had to run.)

No comments: