my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The List

In the last year I have...

1) Learned to Kickbox and love it.
2) Run two more 5ks; one in which I started late and the other in which I finished late.
3) Had my fitness classes removed from existence and had to find them back.
4) Bought some super-cute running shoes; and have since put a hole in the toe.
5) Learned to use an ATM machine.
6) Attended my 10 year High School Reunion at my lowest weight of all time.
7) Eaten/complained about a lot of cake.
8) Almost cut off my toe at Hy-Vee, which really would have hindered my running career.
9) Bought a new bike, only to find out that the bike doesn't make it easier to get up a hill.
10) Ran in California.
11) Ran in Georgia.
12) Attempted to do pilates only to discover I have no powerhouse.
13) Re-introduced myself to the girl's weight room at the gym.
14) Been given a stair-machine for my house, although it has yet to be delivered.
15) Discovered a beautiful running trail right by my dad's house.
16) Taught my mom's dog to run three miles.
17) Lost some weight and at least a clothing size.
18) Lost some other things that were important to me as well.
19) Been forced to be the strongest I have ever been.
20) Discovered that sometimes surviving is good enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why does your comment thing look weird today, did you change any settings?

Glad to see you can list positive things that have changed over the last year. I had almost forgotten about the powerhouse until I read number 12 and laughed out loud!