my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, October 20, 2008

Two a Good Start

Finally this week I am going to be able to attend two Body Power classes and two kickboxing classes. I just can't say enough good things about Kickboxing. I feel like the 45 minutes are finally getting easier. And I don't know if it's the nicer/cooler weather outside and inside, or the fact that I am getting used to the back to back power tracks with no deep breathing and hardly any drink breaks. But you know what else is great about Goodyear? The free towels. I realized something great about Katie (the instructor) today. She points out which muscle group you are working while doing the punches. Every time we do upper-cuts she reminds us of how great our biceps will look, and when we are doing hooks she points out how hard your shoulders are working. Before I had never thought of the different muscle groups kickboxing was working, just that it was working my upper body, and that it was burning so many calories.

I am also feeling that the body power class is getting easier. I have yet to get up to my pre-break weights. But I am noticing that the lower weights aren't as hard as they once were. Although believe me, I will probably be sore tomorrow none the less. It's difficult to make myself raise my weights when I know it will be hard to get out of my chair at work tomorrow.

What I love the most is getting two hours of workouts done in just the first day of the week. There is no better start than that!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Getting a good workout in on a Monday does start the week off well. Now that I know Tomas doesn't teach Combat on Monday's I think I'm going to make it my regular Combat day.

Anonymous said...

I do like Katie for Combat. Tonight will be my first Combat with Marika and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it - although I do like her much more than I used to. She doesn't seem to have the same attitude and snobbishness as she did at gold's, or maybe I'm just so excited to see someone ready to teach a class that I would let anyone do it. Wait, I would stop if Tomas became the new teacher - he's still awful.