my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

That's Hot

I left here last week and it was beautiful fall weather. I packed fall clothes for Atlanta (jeans and t-shirts) and sometimes I was too hot there. Amy even had her air conditioning running. But every day I checked the Lincoln weather and you guys were enjoying temperatures in the 70s as well. Then I spend Tuesday in a car, only to get out during winter. What happened? Where did fall go? I was so chilly today that I turned on my heat. Then this evening I just could not warm up, so I went searching for my electric blanket. I hate being cold. I dread this 6 month period where I seem to never be able to warm up. This is just one more reason I love the gym. This is my one time per day that I can thaw out. For one hour (or two in tonight's case) I sweat and drip and am finally warm. And never for once do I wish I was cooler, because warmth is all I wish for the other 23 hours of the day. I love the gym!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I agree, I hate being cold. I hate piling on clothes and socks and shoes, and never feeling any warmer. Looks like this weekend should be better so that's something to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

no kidding - it's freezing here these days, yuck!