my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Then I got Sick

I will always refer to this period on my training log as the week when I got sick. Everything was going smashingly. But my sore throat took over my weekend. Well, my sore throat and my other obligations. But those other obligations wore me out so much that I didn't have time to recover from my sore throat, let alone workout. So I haven't hit the gym since last Wednesday. I managed to workout 4 hours in that Monday - Wednesday period, and then nothing. And I am still sick. I have managed to find throat numbing cough drops, so it's manageable. But somehow my neck has become super tired (from holding up my head) and I have become exhausted. Basically, I am sick. But in denial. So I continue going about my day and I will go to work tomorrow, because that is what I do.

Now I have one week. Well actually, I have two days to finish my training for this race. Monday I will attend kickboxing and BodyPower. Tuesday I will attempt to run my last practice 5k at 11:30 mile pace. And Wednesday I will leave town. I have worked so hard. I just hope it was worth something. And I hope this week of rest doesn't ruin anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luckily your sickness didn't last too long or get in the way of too many workouts - you even did the back to back classes on Monday! Way to power through.