my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Race is On

I am three weeks into my eight week running plan. So far things are going fine. The long distance running has been slow enough that I haven't felt like a failure and the fast running is quick enough that I am done before I hate it too much. That's not to say that I have been successful at everything. I haven't made all my scheduled runs, but luckily the plan is flexible. And there have been occasions when I have had to stop before I reached my goal. If I did everything perfectly though, it wouldn't be called training. Here is what my log looks like so far (I have circled the days I accomplished my goal, or at least tried. But it's very hard to see on here.)

Amy emailed a couple of days ago to say that the race is on. The webpage is now up and running and apparently we can look at the route. It sure seems long. She says there is someway to put it into some route finder and look at where all the hills are. I am not high tech. enough to do that, but if someone wants to show me how, I could better plan my walk breaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should register for the race before the price increases - we still have time, but I forgot when it goes up.