my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, September 15, 2008

Fourteen Pounds

Finally, a good week. I lost three pounds! I only have fourteen left to go, meeting the lofty goal I had made for myself last week. I did not get seven hours of gym-time in. I only did five, but I ate pretty healthy all week. And although I was at fourteen pounds sometime in May and again sometime in early August, it feels like this time I am getting closer and will be at my goal weight soon. I am a tad bit worried that I am losing muscle mass. Besides the wasted class I took last Monday, and a few attempts to lift weights at home or at the gym, I really haven't done anything for my muscles in four weeks. I can already tell that my quad muscles are not as defined as they were in my prime BodyPump days. I guess it's nice that this is happening in the colder months, when I am all bundled up anyway.

This evening I am going to Goodyear to buy my 15-visit punch card. I am going to take the Kickboxing class again tonight. I have learned my lesson and have packed shorts to wear... no more long pants and Combat for me! I have also asked to get off work at 5:00 on Mondays and Wednesdays beginning in October, so I can perhaps take the BodyPower class when Marika comes and improves it immensely. I also have plans to try their spinning class. I am determined to mix up my workouts again so I don't get bored and can trick my body into reaching it's goal!

No comments: