my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, September 22, 2008

Eleven Pounds

Great news! Another three pounds! I was somewhere right around this weight at my High School Reunion, but I have never been this low during a weigh-in. It's so exciting. Obviously, leading a super-boring life where I don't leave my house except for work and working out, is paying off. Now I just can't wait until I get below the ten pound mark. Single digits!

I have today off, since I worked the weekend. I am having lunch with my mom; I will have to try to make some healthy choices. Then this evening I am taking the Kickboxing / Pump combo at the gym. I am a little scared because a) I will be alone for at least part of it, b) I haven't taken two classes back to back since July and c) I am putting all my faith in Marika to rejuvenate my weight lifting routine and that could be a lot of pressure. But I sure am looking forward to it.

Jennifer has been on vacation for the last five days, and I can really tell. Where are the rest of you? Nobody has commented on my blog since last Tuesday. I need a little bit of encouragement here!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go on the loss! When I think back, I had a very boring life when I lost weight, it was just the absolute right time in my life for it. It must be the right time for you. It does take up a lot of your time and it's better not to have a ton of other obligations to steer you off track. It's hard enough trying to maintain now, I can't even imagine trying to lose any weight with things so busy!

Karrie said...

Thanks for the response! And good job walking the corporate cup even though you couldn't run it!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're close to winning money from your mom, or is she losing weight too?

Anonymous said...

I am half way to the twelve pounds my mom and I wanted to lose. She is one pound. So it looks like I am winning... but still 6 pounds to go!