my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Owww!

I am so sore. My thigh muscles remind me of this every time a customer comes to my desk and I have to get up to help them (every three minutes!). This is the second day I am taking off from the gym. That's probably not the best idea, doing some walking might help loosen up my muscles. But I don't even want to get out of the car, let alone spend 60 minutes at the gym. Besides, I am working ten hours today and have plans after work! I deserve to rest for two days. Tomorrow though, I must get there. I am leaving town on Friday morning and not coming back until Sunday. So Friday and Saturday will be two more days off this week. Good thing I did two hours on Monday, will get an hour in tomorrow and might be able to do two on Sunday. There is no way I can get my seven hours in though. Not to mention the fact that eating is much more difficult when you're staying at the house of someone else. And eating out with them. So tomorrow after work I am heading straight to the gym. I am going to run a 5k at 5.1 mphs. Hopefully Jennifer will join me and catch up on some training. I just hope I can move my legs by tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Where are you going this weekend? The Atlanta trip isn't for a couple weeks right?

Anonymous said...

Can't you work out by your aunt's lake? It wouldn't be the same without a dog I guess, but you could probably go for a run - it might be really nice. Although I've never been to their lake - it would only be nice if there was some nature around it, not just houses and bare space. Anyway, you know I'll probably take the weekend off if you aren't here, so I guess you might as well take it off too.

Anonymous said...

Jen- I am going to my aunt's house for "Aunt and Niece Days".
Jennifer - There is only sand around her lake. And she only has two neighbors, the rest is bare land. No trails, no dog, only cement and dirt.
I might go running with my dad's dog sometime though!

Jen said...

Yeah, I caught on when I read Jennifer's comment. It all made sense!