my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Football Power

It took me four hours to get to the gym. I had absolutely nothing to do today, which sometimes makes it even harder to get up and to the gym. So after I let myself sleep in until around 10am, I didn't make it out the door until around 2:00. But I guess it doesn't matter when I went, just that I went at all. Today's goal: practice 5k at 4.9mph. It was a good pace. I was able to run as much as I needed to. In fact, I even cut both of my walk breaks short. It was good to practice on the treadmill again; my Nike Chip is definitely off. I was done with the 3.1 miles when my IPod thought I had .4 miles left to go. I guess I will have to re-calibrate it sometime this week. The 5k still took me 38:30, which is a little disappointing. Even with the sprint at the end, I am going to have a hard time cutting much time off of that. I only have 4 more weeks until the actual race in Atlanta and I don't feel like I have improved myself much in the last few weeks. And I don't really feel like I can push myself much harder for that long. Either way, the power of football was in full effect today. I arrived at the gym with only 8 minutes left in the KC/Oakland game. Those action-packed eight minutes lasted my whole warm-up and 40 minute run. It really too my mind off of the running. So much better than CNN!

I have plans to eat with some friends this evening. I am going to do some online research and find some healthy options before I get there. Tonight's dinner, only marks the third time I ate out this week. Besides that, and that cake I ate yesterday, this week has been pretty good food-wise. I know I will have a loss at my weigh-in tomorrow morning; I'm pretty sure about two pounds, but really hoping for three!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the crowd in Atlanta will spur you on to be able to do great things in the race.... we can only hope.