my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Eating My Words

I am really sore right now. I want to believe that it is all because of that super-kickboxing class. But what if it is from the weight lifting? My legs aren't sore at all, but there is a muscle in my behind that hurts when I sit down. My triceps are in a lot of pain and I can't raise my arms above my head. It must be a combination of my abs, sides (back?) and chest muscles hurting. My shoulders and neck muscles are pretty tight too, which is normal after Combat. But the others??? Dare I say I was wrong about Body Power? Or is it just that I haven't done anything but run in the last three weeks?

Speaking of running, Jennifer, me and Hannah (my mom's dog) went running on the nature trail that leads out of town this evening. We ran 3.1 miles and did it beautifully. I love running when the weather is beautiful and the surroundings are just as nice. It sure beats that ridiculous treadmill. It took us 42 minutes for some reason, and I didn't really feel like we were running that slowly. It could be that I re-calibrated my Nike chip at the gym last Thursday and it is off a little. Perhaps we ran more like 3.5 miles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was 3.5 miles - we weren't going any slower than before, but since there is no real way to judge distances, it is hard. Maybe you should test it at the gym so we know how inaccurate it is - or, I guess, how slow we really were.....

Anonymous said...

Well, we could test it along 84th street. I have measure that distance with my car. I know exactly where one mile is: Walgreens to Kohls! But it's not nearly as nice as the trail we used last night. In fact, I liked it so much, I wish we could go again tonight. But I don't want to go alone.