my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, September 8, 2008

One Measly Pound

After this weekend, I knew I wouldn't have a great weigh-in. But I was still disappointed with the one pound I lost (down to 17). I guess I should be happy that I lost anything at all. How can I expect to eat two pieces of cake and a ton of chips and still lower my weight? I have some strange expectations. Hopefully this week will be better. I do have a kid's birthday party this weekend, but I will make myself pass on the cake. I have already had enough this month. My goal for this week is to eat out only once (with Jen in Omaha on Friday, unless Jen was planning something else) and to actually get seven hours of gym time in this week. It's been a while since I've actually accomplished that goal. I want to lose three pounds this week, and be down to 14 by next Monday.

What I am most excited about today, besides having the day off and just lounging around my house on this dreary day, is going to some workout classes this evening. I am going over to Goodyear fitness center to see what they have to offer. I am hoping that they might let me in for free today to try it out. If they don't I will purchase their 15 trip punch card. Either way, at 5:30 I am going to try out Power Pump and then I will stay for the 6:35 Cardio Box class. I have to realize that it won't be exactly the same, but at least I have options, and that is what I am most excited about.

No comments: