my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sleepy, Grumpy, and Sneezy

I hardly got any sleep last night. A thunderstorm woke me up around 4 o'clock and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I was having work-anxiety problems like I had a few weeks ago at the beginning of Summer Reading. Since the most stressful of that is behind me, I am confused as to why I would be worrying about it. But, I did have a lot of programs today, so I guess that contributed to my stress. I feel sorry for anyone who had to work with me today because I was sort of grouchy. There's a new intern at work, who sort of follows me around, and I am supposed to impart all this knowledge on her. But I just feel like I am baby-sitting. Oh, and I wasn't sneezing because I am sick, but it is so cold at work that my nose was running all day.

I made it to BodyPump this evening. I am working on becoming friends with this girl that stands ahead of me most of the time. Several months ago, she asked me to move my mat and I sort of disliked her for being picky. But, really she is nice and we always say hi to each other. She generally compliments me on looking good, or doing some weight lifting thing well. So I am working on becoming actual friends with her. Today I asked her where she works and told her what I did. She claimed to be busy at work, but when I explained all the kids running around the library all summer she shut up right away. Added benefit: she is good friends with Mary, the instructor, who is good friends with Ryan, my favorite instructor. Maybe we'll all be hanging out together soon.

I am meeting Erin at the gym at 7am. So I need to turn in for the night. Hopefully no thunderstorms wake me in the middle of the night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're pretty tricky, trying to befriend someone through a friend of a friend. Good luck with that!