my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, June 12, 2008

8 weeks till HSR

Well, I lost a pound this week. That's just right. Slow and steady wins the race! That leaves me at 11.5 pounds to lose in the next 8 weeks. I am really hoping that by this time next week I can be down to the 10 pound mark. It is definitely getting harder. I don't know if it's because I have been so stressed out by work lately or what. I mean the last month has been horrible. And more stress = less workout = more food = less sleep = more fat retention. None of that adds up to good things.

Thursday is now the day that I work 12-9. It seems obvious that I would get up in the morning and go to the gym. I am usually up by 9am even if I do not set an alarm. But even if I am awake, it's hard to get up and go. Like this morning, I just laid in bed and read. And watched some news, and then slowly got ready for work. I told myself I would go after work. But later I remembered that I absolutely had to get a father's day present for dear old dad! That took up most of my evening. When I got home I had some cereal and went to bed.

You know what I am really enjoying right now: Hostess 100 calorie pack cupcakes. I had these about a year ago and was really disappointed. They are teeny-tiny and hardly worth the trouble of opening the package. I could eat on in a bite. There is hardly any of the yummy white middle stuff, which is what I like best about the hostess cupcake. But a few months ago I read that they have 5 grams of fiber in that little 100-calorie pack. So I tried them again. Not bad, and basically a health food!

No comments: