my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Biking Fun

As I mentioned before, for Jennifer's late birthday present, I got her bike fixed for her. While she was out of town in Boston/Colorado I snuck it out of her garage and rode it down to a little used bike shop in the Bethany area. They fixed it up real nice and I rode it back. Jennifer has had this bike for almost two years now and we'll save the story of why her new bike had bad breaks for another day. But needless to say, she no longer has an excuse to not go riding with me; except her lack of free time and the torrential downpours mixed with tornadoes that have hindered us during the last two weeks. But today was the perfect evening. Great weather. And a great destination: the Ice Cream store. Sort of contradicts the point of riding your bike, but at least we didn't drive there to get our ice cream. Here we are, looking as cute as ever when we got back.

I realize that I haven't been mentioning all the great workouts I have done this week. Monday was combat (I think I did mention that). Tuesday I made it to BodyPump. This morning I met Erin at the gym at 7:00 to get in some good cardio. Mix that in with my bike ride this evening and I am looking at almost 4 hours for the week.

Erin and I have come up with our own summer challenge. For this one we are working together, which might help get us there more anyway. If we both go to the gym 30 times this summer (before Aug. 31st) before 5:00pm, then we will take ourselves out to a nice dinner. We haven't decided where yet. But it will be fun. Maybe we'll dress up. I am also developing my own challenge that will result in me buying a new car stereo for myself. For each hour I go the gym a week I get a dollar, two if it's in the morning. If I go all seven hours a week I get a bonus three dollars. That's a max of $15 a week. but it will take me several weeks to earn this car stereo. Hopefully by the end of summer I will be able to listen to more than one channel at more than one volume.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think the car stereo is a good goal.... Did you give up on getting a new car all together? Will yours still hang in there for a while? I just remember the bad noises last time, I hope it is all better now!

Karrie said...

No there are still bad noises. But I need to drive this car until it dies. Or maybe a year from now, which ever comes first. So I am going to get the muffler fixed (that's one loud noise) and work on getting a new stereo. But it will still make that annoying turning noise it has made for years. I don't know if that's worth getting fixed.