my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, June 27, 2008

Rise Up

I made it to Bodypump this morning at 6am. Then I came home and slept for another 4 hours. In some ways it feels like I went to Bodypump last night. It's almost like I get a whole other day of the week this way. There is Thursday in which I work till nine, there's Friday, which is always a great day, and then there is that 2 hour period where I just get up and go lift weights in the middle of the night. I have to admit: it's much easier to get up and go to the gym on Wednesday mornings at 6:45, than it is to get up and go to Bodypump on Fridays at 5:30am. It's the difference between early morning and the middle of the night. Anyway I found two more songs I downloaded for my Pump CD. I absolutely dislike the tricep track: Rise Up. You know the one that encourages you to put your faith in Jesus. As I am doing endless tricep kickbacks sometimes I think about Jesus helping me. Then I realize He has much much better things to worry about than helping my triceps through the six minute track. So I figure I can practice at home if I have the song. Then it will get easier, and I won't have to beg God for help! I also really like the My Chemical Romance song: Famous Last Words (I am not afraid to keep on livin', I am not afraid to walk this world alone...). So add those to the play list. Other than that, I went slightly easy this morning because I will taking BodyPump again tomorrow with Jen. Speaking of going to Omaha, I had better get ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can practice since you have the song, but will you??? You could be doing kickbacks while watching TV or listening to other songs, but it isn't really about having the right song as much as it is about just doing it. Maybe while we're watching The Office we should be doing kickbacks.... wait, I didn't really mean to suggest, did I?