my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, June 30, 2008

June Updates

I don't have time for a long post. I have been busy watching past episodes of the The Office (funny funny stuff). Now I am tired and need to get some sleep. But, I had meant to update my workout times at the end of every week (Sunday) and I realized today that I did not do that this week. If I don't post them on here at the end of the week, I won't know where I am next week.

I accomplished all 7 hours of working out last week (3 weights, 4 cardio).
I earned $15 toward my car stereo last week.
I worked out 4 mornings so I got 4 more points in my CWE (Challenge with Erin).

That takes me up to:
$29 for my stereo -- and I found one I might want that's not too expensive.
And 7 morning points (with the goal of 30)

Overall, the month of June wasn't good for me. I gained a pound and a half. I haven't raised any weight in BodyPump and I haven't dropped any pant-sizes. What I have done is survived. The Summer Reading rush, the hatred of my job, the agony of working out even though it is a beautiful evening, learning to take Combat alone, tornadoes. Sometimes surviving is good enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when we go to the gym on the fourth for combat and pump, is that 1 or 2 points to your save the summer nights???

You're always meeting your goals - good for you! How much more could you increase them without just giving up? I'm not really a goal person, at least not with the gym - it doesn't matter enough to me if I don't make it. But that means your accomplishments seem like a really big deal to me, because I could never do it.

Anonymous said...

It's just one... because it is only one night that I am saving. However, I do give myself $4 for that -- two dollars for each morning hour at the gym.
Do you think I should buy that stereo now... since I found that $99 installed one? Or should I make myself wait? I would have the money by the time my credit card is due. ???

Anonymous said...

that is a really good deal - maybe you could not let yourself use it until you've paid it off. I say go ahead and get it now because that's the best deal I've seen, and that way whenever you buy a different car you could just leave it and not have to worry about switching it or selling your car without a radio or something