my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, June 2, 2008

Combating Alone

Well I did it. Jennifer is out of town, Brandy was taking Elijah to a concert, and Erin had to work. But I really wanted to take the Combat class this evening. So I made myself go alone. Now for most people this is not that great of achievement. But, I hardly like to go to Target alone, surely making a fool of myself in a mirrored room is out of my league. But I did it. I told myself that I would be proud of myself afterward. And really I wasn't alone; I had my good friends Mary and Ryan. I just wish they would invite me to hang out with them after class sometime. They really are a great couple (in a Will and Grace kinda way). They flirted uncontrollably tonight, especially during Avril's Wish I was your girlfriend. And during some song about fantasies, Ryan declared this was the ring-tone on his phone when Mary called. Where can I get a gay best friend who teaches workout classes and possibly is also a dentist. (This makes no reference to Ryan being a dentist, only that I need to befriend one so my fear could be minimized). Anyway, I love combat. I didn't sweat nearly as much as last week. It may have been because all of my friends and their body heat weren't in the room, so it was cooler. Which made me realize: since we (Karrie, Brandy, Erin and Jennifer) make up almost half of the Monday night class, we could probably get a class added at a different time if we promised to attend. I feel the power!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go it alone!! I am so proud of you! I wish I could just make it to a Combat class this week. I can go Saturday, but I'm afraid the two class combo will suck the life out of me on a day that I need to be energized all day long. Maybe sometime you could come up for a two class combo with me!

Karrie said...

I am free most saturdays... so maybe I could come up Friday night, sleep on your parents floor and then hit the two classes with you! It's hard to make it to Omaha for a class by 9 if I have to leave from Lincoln!!! Let's set a date!

Jen said...

It will probably have to be three weeks in advance...just to make sure I have a Saturday off! Shouldn't be a problem soon, we're training a couple new part-timers.

Anonymous said...

wish I could have been there.... maybe the Monday after next??