my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, June 5, 2008

9 weeks till HSR

Apparently I had a fine week. I seem to remember eating like crap, hardly sleeping and then sleeping non-stop, and only working out like three times, but the scale was still my friend. This morning I weighed in at 12.5 pounds. That's a loss of 4.5 pounds. I think that is my biggest loss to date. Although, my weight was really shifty last week and was unusually high on Thursday. I have been at this weight since Sunday, but it's still a great feeling to only have 12.5 left to work on. It does make me a little nervous though; what if those twelve pounds only disappear from my arms and feet. I absolutely need to lose 5 pounds on each of my legs plus more on my abs and hips. I am a firm believer in the "first on, last off" theory. Meaning, since I have always hated my legs they will be the last thing I will love about myself.

I have been horrible about working out this week. I already mentioned how exhausted I was Tuesday so I skipped the gym. Yesterday, I went to my mom's house after work and told myself that the dog and I would get a good workout in. We walked (quite fast and without stopping to sniff things) for 30 minutes before she was panting a lot. So we stopped home to eat dinner and rest. Then next thing I know there's a tornado and we are in the basement. My mom does have a mini-trampoline in the basement which I thought about using, but we were both a little scared. My mom's two story, pure-glass living room was rattling and shaking so much that we thought it was going to fly off at any minute. Luckily the dog was tired for the long walk, so she laid down calmly if I kept petting her. Needless to say, there was no more working out after that. Just picking up stuff that flew around the lawn.

This morning I should have gotten up and worked out, but again I was too tired and let myself sleep in. I was planning on seeing Jennifer tonight after she returned from Boston and before she takes off for Colorado tomorrow. But alas, she is stuck in Minnesota all night and won't be back. So I guess that means I have no excuse but to head over to the gym after work; barring any more tornadoes that is. I plan on being at my first BodyPump of the week tomorrow at 6am (yes I said first on Friday). I will probably stick around and do some cardio, or plan on going back in the afternoon -- it is my only day off of work this week, so I need to make it count for something. And with Jennifer still out of town, what else do I have to do anyway?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived the tornado - I didn't know how bad it was while I was gone. There are a couple houses in Ceresco with completely missing roofs and a lot of other trees down and hail damage. Luckily that didn't hit Lincoln.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the 12.5!!!!!!!