my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, June 19, 2008

7 weeks till HSR

This wasn't a great week. Father's day really set me back. I gained one pound this week, which isn't the end of the world. It's just the wrong direction. Hopefully it will melt off eventually. I am not upset by it because I feel like I am back on the right track. I did have an ice cream cone last night (400 calories) but I made sure to eat light the rest of the day so I would have some extra calories sitting around. My goal for this week was to be down into the 10 pound area. That will have to be my goal for next week I guess. As I stand now, I have 12.5 pounds left to lose.

I didn't make it to the gym this morning. And I think I will hit the grocery store late after work. So today will be my day off. I plan on making it to BodyPump and an hour of cardio on Friday, it's my day off. Saturday I have to work and we have a work party in the evening, so I will probably take that day off from the gym as well. Sunday I will get my 7th hour in the morning. That afternoon I have plans to hang out at the pool. Even more reason to get some cardio done.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night's bike ride made me really feel like a loser - I always thought I could bike to work if I really wanted to, but we didn't even go half that far last night before we got ice cream. Although I did enjoy the ride back, when I decided to start riding like a little kid would, somehow that made it easier. We need to work on it and then maybe I would actually be able to do it someday - even though I probably wouldn't ever actually bike to work - I'd have to get up earlier and we all know that's impossible.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we both work about 3.5 miles away from our houses (I mapquested it!). And last night we only biked 1.7 miles. But it's not like we were exhuasted when we stopped for ice cream, we were just there! It only took us 20 minutes to get that far. So I am sure we could be to work in 30 minutes. I think we should work on it. I really want to do it to save gas and get some added exercise. I just need to find a time that works and good weather.

Anonymous said...

And what do you mean when you started riding like a little kid would? I never saw you stand up and pedal. I think if I got a new bike where the gears worked, I would be golden! Let's work on that!

Anonymous said...

I just did some calculations. If I save 7 miles of gas each day I ride my bike. And gas is $4 a gallon and I get 25 miles/gallon in town. I waste $1.12 driving my car to work. I would have to ride my bike 48 times to pay off that cheap target bike!

Jen said...

I would just like to comment that I am jealous you'll be hanging out at a pool Sunday. Should be a good weekend for it though. I so miss my old apartment and the pool there and the fact we could bring margaritas to the pool and no one cared. Oh those were the days.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! You should get another place like that! I'm sure you could come to the pool party if you want to drive down! It's at Ryan's parents... the more the merrier!

Anonymous said...

I mean that I went first, so we raced down the hill at full speed, rather than slowing down. And how I wouldn't let you catch up to me. You shouldn't really have to stand up when you have gears, so I guess I felt like a kid who had a grown-up bike.