my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Relaxing at the Pool

I am so tired. Jennifer and I went swimming at Ryan's parents pool all day. And even though relaxing at the pool seems like it wouldn't wear you out, there is something about being out in the sun and water all day that makes me exhausted. We didn't even get out there until 3:30, so I hardly got any sun. But it sure was fun. We started the day by biking down the 84th street trail. We had planned on going out on the East MoPac trail, but by the time we got out to it, we could only go about 15 minutes before we had to turn around and come back. (I had to meet my mom for lunch.) It was still a great hour workout. And I am hoping if I get enough biking in I can have nice calves like my friend Steph, who bikes everywhere!

I had a great week working out. I made it seven hours: two at Bodypump and 5 of cardio. I earned $14 toward my car stereo, and earned three points in my morning challenge with Erin. However, I did NOT eat very well. Friday night I went out to a Chinese restaurant with some friends. I only ate half of my meal, but enjoyed an egg roll and some crab rangoon. Then Saturday evening my boss had a pizza party, where I had to eat pizza as well as other snacks. Today's lunch with mom was at Olive Garden, where I ate pizza again and several breadsticks. Then this evening Ryan grilled burgers pool-side. So basically, nothing I ate this weekend was healthy. I don't even want to know what this is going to do to my weight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget how you swam laps for a while - I'm sure that worked off some calories! And you played volleyball in the pool too, so it wasn't all just relaxing... only mostly all.

Jen said...

Just remember how you got your workout in (that's more than I can say for yesterday!). Sometimes you have to enjoy yourself! Still coming Friday? I hope so! I've been looking forward to it (and counting on the workout!).