my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, June 20, 2008

Get Going

Another 6am BodyPump for me! And I was so excited when I showed up and saw that my normal Tuesday instructor, Mary, was subbing for Ali this morning. She seemed really excited to see me too; a friendly face. It is really hard to exert as much energy during a morning session that I do during an evening one, but I made myself keep all my normal weights. I have been trying to follow Jen's advise, and not pull my legs up when I am on the bench. Her instructor pointed out that you aren't actually sucking in your ab muscles when you have your knees in the air. I do fine keeping my feet down through the chest track, but I usually have to pull them up during triceps. My back tends to spasm if I don't. At least I am getting some ab work. And I would rather do triceps perfect, than have to worry about my abs/back at the same time. I stayed after class for an hour of cardio but I was SO BORED. I hate cardio now. I wanted to do 20 minutes on the Elliptical/Treadmill/Bike. I started on the elliptical, but quit after 15 minutes. Then I did the bike for 15 more and went home. I might be able to take a 30 minute walk later this afternoon.

This is my first day off in a long time. Of course I had last weekend off, but I was at my dad's the whole time so I didn't get anything done. Then before that I had to work like 6 days in a row. So I think my last day off, to use how I please, was two weeks ago today. I have a big list of things I want to get done:
-The Muffler fixed on my car
-Lunch with Jennifer
-Clean my house
-Haircut
-Shower to fix my hair, which nobody can style right
-Dinner with girls from work

I better get going!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Good for you getting to BodyPump this morning! Mary subbed for Anne last night at BP and she asked about you and the rest of the crew. And now you're one ahead of me in the Summer Nights challenge! Does it count if I ellipticize at home?

Good luck with your to-do list today. See you at dinner tonight!

BrandyGirl said...

Count me in for Monday comabt! I went on a bike ride with Wes yesterday and pinched some nerve, so I didn't make it to pump this morning. I'll be ready to go on Monday though!!!