my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Spin Span Spun

This morning I tried my first spinning class. Well, my first spin class in at least five years. It was easy. So either, I am in a lot better shape than I was five years ago when I first tried the class at Gold's, or I wasn't trying hard enough. I wasn't sweating at all (which is generally how I measure a good workout) but it was pretty cold in the room with several fans running. A few times I found myself out of breath (but only twice in the 45 minute class). And I think that my legs hurt once too. But mostly my wrists, feet, and ass hurt from the bike and the odd positions we had to be in. I definitely will try it again -- you have to try something at least three times to form a real opinion of it. The next time I will try to increase my resistance and workout harder.

I spent the afternoon looking for wedding dresses with Jen. And even though that was quite a workout, it didn't burn as many calories as the La Paz lunch we had. At least I am so full that I will hardly be eating dinner if I eat anything at all. But tomorrow I hope to get in a good run. I need something besides kickboxing that gets me sweating during the week.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for dress shopping with me! I may have found my dress within the ones we selected. I think I might go with my mom soon to check them out again. And the calories at La Paz are totally worth it. So delicious! I am finally getting somewhat hungry again and I think we're going to make it to the party which equals lots of food and none of it good for you (M&M cookies anyone?).

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how the class started at 8:15!!! on a Saturday!!!! That's definitely worth a comment.