my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, November 22, 2008

You Spin me Right Round Baby

This morning we attempted spinning class again. Going into today's workout I was determined to get a good (read: sweaty) workout in. So I promised myself that I would tighten the resistance until it was difficult. And it worked! I was sweating. I wasn't shirt-completely-soaked sweaty, but my forehead was damp. Besides, I don't really do shirt sweat anyway. I was breathing heavily several times during the session. And when it was all over and I got off the bike my legs were a tad shaky. We'll see if I am sore at all tomorrow. FYI: I went with another 15 punch card rather than actually join the Goodyear gym. I'll think about it again when the punches have run out.

I had eaten healthy all week and then yesterday and today, I feel like I ruined it all. I hate how a whole week can be ruined by one poor decision. I guess it's better than two bad decision and no good ones!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is it that you don't do shirt sweat but you do shin sweat instead? That doesn't make much sense.

Karrie said...

My shins are sorry if their sweat bothers you! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my legs have more fat on them than my chest area. Thanks for pointing that out!

Anonymous said...

I never said it bothered me, I just think it's kinda weird. You say you don't sweat, but I've seen the sweat on your shins - apparently that's your body's heat releasing area of choice. There's nothing wrong with that.