my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seven Hours

I worked from 11-8 today, and although it was pretty slow, that takes just as much out of me as a busy work day. Erin stopped in the library around 6:00 and I told her my goal to get to the gym after work. It was my goal, but even I knew it might not happen. But then Erin agreed to meet me there. So I absolutely HAD to go. It was excellent. When 8:00 rolled around I wanted to do anything but go to the gym. Well, not anything, I wanted to go home and eat dinner and lay on my couch. But knowing I had to meet her got me there with no problem. We worked out 30 minutes on the AMT machine -- I am trying to get my calves as sore as that first time I used it. It sure makes me winded. Then we walked hills for another 30 minutes. It just flew by. Erin only has 14 more days until her membership at Gold's is over. We'd better take full advantage of that! The fact that I made it to the gym this evening means I achieved my seven hours of working out this week. I haven't done that since sometime this summer.... August? I am really proud of myself! And I am so thankful to Erin, who got me to the gym, and made me happy to stay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

won't you miss Gold's when you decide to officially join Goodyear? Maybe we should try to actually workour on the machines at Goodyear sometime before February, so we know if we can do it or not. We're just so used to the individual TVs and you seem to like that AMT machine, so what if Goodyear isn't enough for you? Just a thought. That Joel Potter sure ruined our lives with his 'no classes' attitude.