my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Almost Like My Birthday

This post has absolutely nothing to do with working out, because I didn't workout today. I had intended on going after work so I could start my poll watching there. But instead I was invited to a Barack the Vote Party (I named it that; only I would be cool enough to have a party called that, but even if I did nobody would come, so I didn't.)

I woke up this morning with the sun. By the time my alarm clock went off at 7:00 I was wide awake. I jumped out of bed and got ready as fast as possible. It was as good as my birthday. Today I change the world! I even straighten my hair. Just for Barack. I met Jennifer at the polling place at 8:10. I had to figure out which line to stand in, which was a little much for me that early in the morning, but after that I was golden. The whole process took about 40 minutes. But it was well worth it.

I have mentioned my love of Barack before. And I hate to drone on about it. I mean, I'm not gonna change any one's vote with my blog. But I am going to help bring about change. I believe in Obama; I believe that he will make the United States a better place. I believe that he will get us out of this crisis: the war, the depression, the hatred. I think that I will see a bigger tax break if I vote for him and that children will get a better education. But what I love about him the most is his belief in the system; his ability to motivate people; and his belief in us as a nation. I believe that he can win this election. I mean, it is almost like my birthday, and it's all I am asking for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how we went to the wrong door first and it seemed like they locked us out of voting. I'm not sure anyone can do everything you are expecting Barack to do - it seems like a very long list of lofty goals, but I guess you should probably set your goals high in order to accomplish the most, right? Just don't be too disappointed if not everything happens right away.

Jen said...

Way to ask for the right present! I have never been more excited for the future of this country (in fact, I don't think I've ever really been excited, just indifferent.... so this is all new to me!).