my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, November 20, 2008

It Must be the Shoes

I finally allowed myself to get new gym shoes. I got them on a great sale (buy one get one half, plus free shipping, plus 20% off coupon) which makes me like them even more. At first I wasn't sure if they were good enough. I have had this shoe-lust for so long that I was having trouble settling on just one pair. But I really like grey and black shoes, and they have to be Nikes and those restrictions are hard to come by. So I wore them around the house (and work) for a week or so before I decided. But last night I took them for a trial run. And everything was so much easier. I could jump higher, kick harder, run faster, and lunge deeper than ever before. It must be the shoes! I mean it, it was a great workout. There was even a time when Marika pointed to me and said I was doing something right (not to brag or anything).

I've got four hours done for the week, plus about 30 minutes of dog-walking which I did Tuesday evening while I was dog-sitting. It's gotten too cold to be out running with the dog. My lungs don't do cold-weather running. And alas, the dog cannot go to the gym with me.

Last night I used up the last of my 15 punches at Goodyear. Now I have come to a point where I have to decide if I will join for good (maybe just six-months) or buy another punch card. I suppose I might as well use Gold's for all my cardio needs at least until February when my membership is over there. I really do like Goodyear and the classes are great. I'm going to try a Zumba class in the next few weeks with Erin (and Lisa?) and I think we agreed to do a Yoga class. On top of that I am pretty sure that we're scheduled for an 8:15 Spinning class on Saturday morning. While all those classes are well and good, they generally cost me $2-$4 per session. So if I am going to be taking 5-7 classes a week, maybe I should just join. Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I want new shoes now!