my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Hard Day's Work

I was planning on going to the gym today, but I ended up running out of time. I went over to my mom's house after lunch and she needed some help cleaning out her basement. She's finishing her basement this week (putting up walls and drywall and such) and needed to get everything removed from the area. We devised a system where I brought boxes from the basement, and up the stairs. Then she took them from the top of the stairs and put them into her garage. My mother has a lot of boxes in her basement. So this project took over three hours (with several breaks). I must have gone up and down those stairs at least 100 times. So I figure two good hours of lifting boxes up the stairs and running back down was plenty of a workout for me today. Worked my legs, worked my arms, and I even sweated some.

I need to turn over a new leaf when it comes to eating. I have been very bad lately with eating out and eating candy and not counting calories. Obviously I have proven to myself that I can eat lots of junk if I keep working out, and maintain my weight. But I still need to lose those last pounds before I can be happy maintaining. I was hoping that if I just worked on working out lots the weight would work itself off. But that's not happening. So I really need to get somewhere before Christmas comes and nobody loses weight. Anyway, I need to go back to writing down my calories. I am also going to start over on my 10-week running plan. After a few failed runs and a few missed workouts, I might as well start again. Now ten weeks leads right up to my birthday. That's a good goal point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a workout to me. Up and down the stairs for that long, plus carrying boxes. Wow, your birthday is in just 10 short weeks.... maybe you should hint at what you might want, since it is so close to Christmas.