my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Great Genes

Today was my sixth day in a row of working. And my fifth day in a row of NOT working out. Sometimes you just need a break. Finally I have three days off in a row, and I am going to use them to their full extent. I plan to workout everyday, including two hours on Monday, which will include those classes that I will go to even if I have to go by myself. Unfortunately I woke up with a sore throat this morning, so I am willing it to go away so that I can carry on with my great three days off.

Tonight I am going out for dinner and drinks with some friends. But I plan on getting up early tomorrow morning so that I can hit the gym. I have a big family lunch/brunch for my Grandma's 86th birthday. I love my Grandma. Not only was she an independent woman, who owned her own business and had her own life, before she met my grandfather, fell in love and had a family. Now she is a feisty old lady who hasn't worked out a day in her life and is famous for her pies. But she is 86 years old and in great shape and living a full life. She travels, she lives on her own, and she walks to the grocery store when it's not too cold. I am lucky to have her in my life, both as a role model and a great contributor to my gene pool. I hope to live well into my nineties, so I better take care of myself now. That's gonna start tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Did you hit the gym this morning? I went for a walk and froze and sweated at the same time, if that's possible!

Anonymous said...

I like how your blog appears to attribute one whole gene from your grandma, like you can tell where all of your DNA comes from. It made me laugh. But, nice tribute to your gram - too bad she won't ever know the nice stuff you said about her.